Richmond, Virginia

VCU Egyptian

Built in the mid-1800’s and competed in 1846 was the first permanent home of the Medical department of Hampden-Sydney College (Later the Medical College of Virginia).  This building is considered one of the nation’s best examples of Egyptian Revival style.  Perimeter access to the roof was required for access to various rooftop components and Peak Fall Protection was contracted to design and install a horizontal lifeline system to suit the existing building structure, as well as various ladder and roof hatch safety upgrades to comply with OSHA 1910.28.